You have just got a new set of eyelash extensions applied at your favorite lash salon, and lash extensions may be a convenient, alternative way to getting longer and beautiful lashes instead of struggling with eye makeup every day in the morning. You’re probably wondering, how long do eyelash extensions last?
Eyelash extensions don’t come cheap, if you are getting them for the first time, you are confused in deciding whether they are actually worth it.
If you want your eyelash extensions to last longer, the most important thing to keep in mind is to maintain them or take special care of them.
The lash extensions are life changing things, they will give you more fluttery, fuller and longer eyelashes. But they will expire one day, for this reason it is important to understand how long do eyelash extensions last once you have them applied.
Keep reading to find out how long you can expect eyelash extensions to last to get most out of their wear.
Natural Eyelash Growth Cycle
Well, the lifespan of eyelash extensions varies from hair to hair and their growth cycle also varies. Then, eyelash extensions fall out with natural lashes at very different times and not all the lash extensions fall out at once.
The complete cycle of your eyelash is about 90 to 100 days, also depending on the individual genetics. The lash hair starts to grow thicker and longer, once they reach their maximum length, they stop and then sheds.
If you’re experiencing some natural lash loss, this is a part of the normal growth cycle. When your natural lashes shed because of its growth cycle, your eyelash extensions also fall with it, because of the lash growth cycle.
How Long Do Eyelash Extensions Last?
If you’re wondering how long do eyelash extensions last, the answer should be depending on a few things.
It will take time to apply eyelash extensions – anywhere between 2 to 3 hours. Most eyelash extensions will last for 3 to 4 weeks, it is completely normal to lose a few lash extensions every day as your natural lashes start their growth cycle.
During this time, your lash extensions still look full and fluffy, and after your lashes stop looking great, then you need to see the lash artist for a touch-up.
Your eyelash extensions last up to 4 weeks, that is totally depends on few things includes:
- How well they were applied by lash artist
- How faster your natural lashes grow
- What type of lash glue the lash artists used to apply lash extensions?
- How you’re maintaining your lashes
- Types of eyelash extensions you got
How Often you Should Refill Your Eyelash Extensions
Your eyelash extensions refill schedule matters and it is a great way to extend the life of your lashes. Eyelash extensions will shed with your natural lash cycle, which typically last up to 3 to 4 weeks.
So, it is recommended to refill your eyelash extensions every two to three weeks. If you don’t want to refill and want to remove lash extensions naturally, then you have to wait almost 8 weeks for lash extensions last piece to fall out.
How Do You Care for Eyelash Extensions?
It is very important to take care of your eyelash extensions, it will help to keep your lashes beautiful and last longer. Your lash artist will give you the aftercare routine that you need to follow and here is the best tip, you should follow to keep your lashes beautiful.
- Keep your lashes clean: you need to clean your lashes everyday with a good cleanser, that I designed particularly for lash extensions. Also, avoid oil-based cleansers because that will dissolve the glue.
- Brush your eyelashes: with proper method brush your eyelashes and make it part of your daily routine. Brushing your lashes will clean the debris and untangle your lashes. But if you brush your lashes improperly that can lead to poor retention. So, purchase one good brush and brush your lashes for 5 to 10 seconds per eye. Try to avoid brushing too close to base of your lashes, because lash extensions are bonded at the base of the natural lashes.
- Maintain regular lash extensions refills: if you want to maintain the beautiful look and want to keep lashes healthy, then refill your lashes every 2 to 3 weeks. The more you wait for the refills, the sparser your lashes will be.
- Stay away from heat: getting too close to heat may cause synthetic lashes to singe.
- Don’t sleep face down: try to sleep on your back and wear an eye mask, especially made for protecting eyelash extensions.
What to Avoid with Eyelash Extensions?
Here are some things you should avoid if you want to keep your lashes beautiful, healthy and last longer.
- Avoid rubbing, curling and playing with eyelash extensions.
- Avoid using an eyelash curler on lash extensions.
- Avoid intense heat like hair dryer, ovens, and lighters.
- Try to avoid sleeping on your lashes or face down.
- Avoid wearing mascara on your lash extensions.
- Avoid hot environments like very hot showers, steam rooms and hot facials.
- Avoid products that contain oils, glycols and parabens.
FAQs On Eyelash Extensions
Can you Shower with Eyelash Extensions?
It is very important to avoid getting your eyelash extensions wet the first 48 hours once you get them, because water will react with the lash glue and cause the lash extensions to fall out. After 48 hours you’re safe to wet them, but not with hot water.
Can I Wear Eyeliner with Lash Extensions?
The short answer is Yes, you can wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions and the best eyeliner for eyelash extensions is liquid and shadow-based liners. Try to avoid wearing gel and waterproof liners because they are the worst. You should also avoid oil-based eyeliners as the glue can be dissolved by oil.
Are Eyelash Extensions Worth it?
Eyelash extensions will give you natural volume to your lashes, and also a beautiful look. You can also save your time in the morning, as you wake up with beautiful eyelashes.
Lash extensions are a bit expensive, they will cast you between $100 to $450 for the full set of eyelash extensions. The price also depends on where you live, and how many lashes you need.
The eyelash extensions will last around 3 to 4 weeks, if you maintain a rich care routine they may also lose longer. The best way to keep your lashes healthy and last longer is to refill your lashes every two to three weeks.
If you take proper care of your lashes with proper maintenance steps, you can keep your lashes beautiful, attractive, full and fluffy.
Hopefully, you like this information, if you have any questions and suggestions kindly put them in the comment box below.