Eyelash extensions are a high maintenance beauty treatment, and they require very special care in order to last longer and stay in good condition. You need to be gentle to take care of your eyelash extensions. However, how to wash your face with eyelash extensions is a big challenge that you will face.
When you wash your face with eyelash extensions, it is best to avoid getting your lash extensions wet because water can break down the eyelash extensions and will not last longer. Not only does water damage your lash extensions, you have oil, make-up and cleanser also damage your lash extensions.
However, there are a few tips you will need to keep in mind so you don’t disrupt your lash extensions. So, read the article to know everything about how to wash your face with eyelash extensions.
How to wash Your Face with Eyelash extensions
Don’t get your lash extensions wet for 5 to 6 hours after application, but this rule only applied if your lash artist used a nano mister or nebulizer. If they didn’t, then you will need to wait for 24 hours until lash extensions are fully adhering to your natural lashes.
Never expose your eyelash extensions to running water, because direct pressure from the shower head can be too much for lash extensions to handle. So, it is best not to run water directly on your eyelashes at any point.
- First, remove eye make-up, any oil and primer with oil-free eye make-up remover.
- Take a cotton swab and dip into the eye make-up remover for lash extensions. And begin cleaning the entire eye area with cotton swab, avoiding the eyelash extensions.
- Once you are done with removing the eye make-up, start washing the lower part of your face (starting from cheekbones down). This way the water does not drop down onto your eyelash extensions.
- Then, use cleanser onto your forehead, avoid using cream-based cleansers. Start washing your forehead with cleanser from the eyebrows up.
- Use a round facial sponge to squeeze out the excess water.
- Finally, take a round facial sponge and wipe down the upper eyelid, also, repeat the same procedure on the lower lash line until there is no oily residue.
You need to choose the best cleanser to wash your face with eyelash extensions, we recommend water-based gel cleanser. Cream-based cleansers can leave a residue that can break down the glue on the lash extensions.
Note: whenever, you’re applying moisturizer, apply up to the upper cheekbones and above the brow line, and avoid the entire eye area.
How to Take a Shower with Eyelash Extensions
Standing under the flow of streaming water in the shower will shorten the life of your lash extensions. This means avoid getting your eyelashes wet while taking shower.
The best trick to take a shower with eyelash extensions is to wear goggles in the shower, that may help you to avoid getting your eyelash extensions wet. Also, this will also avoid getting shampoo and conditioner on the eyelashes.
While in the shower, first wash your hair and then wash your face. It may help to wear a shower cap to keep the water from the hair from getting onto your eyelashes.
Note: immediately, use the eyelash extensions brush to gently dry them to prevent them from sticking together.