Today’s world of beauty, eyelash extensions are one of the hottest trends. Every woman gets lash extensions to enhance their appearance, including models, celebrities, and moms. Lash extensions create fullness and improve the appearance of your eyes with minimal effort and makeup.
However, do eyelash extensions damage your natural eyelashes? This is one very popular question I hear about eyelash extensions, especially from those who have never done eyelash extensions before. You want to try eyelash extensions and not damage your natural lashes then read this article till the end.
Eyelash extensions do not damage your natural lashes if they are applied properly and correctly. If you want to prevent your natural lashes from damaging, lash extensions should be carefully selected (thickness and length) and also applied properly to one natural lashes at the time.
So, in this article we will cover why eyelash extensions do not damage your natural lashes and some improper techniques that will damage your natural lashes.
Do Eyelash Extensions Damage Your Natural Eyelashes?
The short answer is NO, the eyelash extensions do not damage your natural lashes when lash artist applied properly.
The growth cycle of a single natural lashes is 90 days + 5 days, it also depends on the genetics of the individual. You grow a certain length and then stop. They eventually shed after having reached their maximum length.
The eyelash extensions are applied onto a single natural lash, the natural lash can freely go through the growth cycle and eventually shed with the lash extensions attached to it.
When your natural lash growth cycle is carefully respected, then eyelash extensions will not cause any damage to your natural lashes. Wearing eyelash extensions properly and correctly, it does not influence the growth cycle of the natural lashes.
Note: Natural lashes shed every day and loss of 2 to 5 natural lashes every day, that is normal. Remember, natural lashes will shed with their extensions as they are attached.
3 Improper Applications that will damage Your Natural Eyelashes
Here 3 most often mistakes an eyelash extensions artist can do and that cause damage to your natural lashes.
01. Eyelash Extensions are Too Heavy: Whenever choosing the appropriate eyelash extensions, the most important factor that plays a very important role is natural lashes length and thickness. These two factors will allow you to select an eyelash extension that will balance out with your natural lashes.
If your lash extensions are too heavy, then it will stress the natural lashes, and this could lead to premature shedding and natural lash loss. If your eyelash extensions are too thick and too long for your natural lashes to support, and your natural lashes may shed prematurely.
02. Nail Head Glued on Skin: A nail head means when the eyelash extensions are glued to the skin. This is not proper technique and this should never happen, a proper technique is; a lash extension is carefully attached to a natural lash, and make sure that your skin should never be in contact with the glue. A nail head can also cause irritation and itching to the skin called dermatitis.
03. Stickies: A sticky mean when two or more natural lashes or lash extensions are glued together. Stickies are very common when you’re getting lash extensions from less experienced lash artists and often damage your natural lashes.
Will Your Natural Eyelash Grow Back After Being Damaged by Lash Extensions?
If you got your eyelash extensions done by a lash artist that did not apply them properly, correctly and committed one of the three mistakes above, then it may cause damage to your natural lashes.
In some cases, your natural lashes will grow back on their own, just like any hair on your body. But the growth rate of your natural lashes is around 2 inches per month and also some may grow faster. It will take up to 6 to 9 weeks for your natural eyelashes to be back to their original state.
However, there are many products on the market for regrowth of lashes, which are lash growth serums, conditioners and more, that can help the damaged lashes regrow more quickly. Also, some serums contain special components that promote faster regrowth of the lashes.
Do lash Extensions Make Your Natural Lashes Shorter
The short answer is NO, the eyelash extensions will not shorten your natural lashes if the lash extensions are applied by experienced lash artists, and they applied properly and correctly.
The proper eyelash extensions care is very important because it will protect your natural lashes from damage. Gently washing your lash extensions daily and staying away from damaging heat and oils will make your lashes last longer and protect your lashes from premature shedding.
Myths About Eyelash Extensions
There are many myths about eyelash extensions that make you a little confused. So, let’s look at the truth about these myths.
- Eyelash extensions damage your natural lashes: this is a big myth, if you get them applied by experienced lash artists and applied properly and correctly, it will not damage your natural lashes.
- Glue used to apply lash extensions are harmful: the glue that most of the salons use is a medical-grade adhesive and made specifically for lash extensions. Also, it will be harmful, if the lash artist applied eyelash extensions properly: each lash extension is attached to an individual natural lashes, which will reduce the risk of damaging your natural lashes.
Are Lash Extensions Safe?
Eyelash extensions are safe when applied correctly and properly by licensed and experienced lash artists. Lash extensions are a safe way to enhance the look of your natural lashes.
Can Lash Glue Damage Your Eyes?
The short answer is NO, the eyelash glue will not damage your eyes if your lash artist applied lash extensions properly with the best tools. Unfortunately, if the lash glue gets into your eyes, it can scratch the cornea and lead to possible scarring. It also causes burning and itching of the eyes.
Does glue on lashes ruin your real lashes?
No, your lashes won’t be harmed by the glue itself. There are no chemicals that, if left on, can harm your hair.
Do Hybrid Lashes Damage your Natural lashes?
Hybrid Lashes don’t damage your natural lashes when applied correctly. Just like with classic or volume lashes, it all depends on how you apply it and what products you use.
Do fake Lashes Damage your natural lashes?
When put with the proper amount of glue, at the proper location on your eyelid, and removed properly, fake lashes (or strip lashes) won’t harm your eyelashes.
But when taking off strip lashes, it’s really simple to harm your natural lashes if you’re not careful. Too many times to count have I witnessed it. Many people attempt to DIY their strip lashes but wind up incurring significant costs.
Every woman in the world loves eyelash extensions because it will give a long, beautiful, and youthful look to their eyes, and it also enhances your overall appearance.
However, ultimately the eyelash extensions do not damage your natural lashes when they are applied properly and correctly, but they simply extend your own natural lashes. Also, take special care with proper tools, and can make your natural lashes last longer.
Hopefully, you like this article, if you have any questions and suggestions about this article kindly put them in the comment box below.