Eyelash extensions are a great way to look amazing without any makeup, but even when you have lash extensions and want to pump up the drama even more! or you may want to wear other makeup like eyeliner, which may or may not be harmful for your eyelash extensions.
However, most women don’t feel that they need to wear eyeliner anymore once they wear eyelash extensions, most of the makeup that you were using before lash extensions can still be used. So, can you wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions?
Yes, you can wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions, but there are a few things you should take into consideration; like the way you apply it and the ingredients of the eyeliner. This will make sure your eyelash extensions last as long as possible.
The best eyeliner for eyelash extensions are shadow-based and liquid eyeliners, but try to avoid gel and waterproof liners. Also, you should avoid oil-based eyeliners or products because glue can be dissolved by oil if you use it repeatedly.
So, Read the article till the end to know advantages and disadvantages of putting eyeliner when you have eyelash extensions in, what type of eyeliner are safe for lash extensions and what type of eyeliners will damage your eyelash extensions.
Can You Wear Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions, but you need to keep some important things in mind, such as applying it correctly and checking the ingredients of the eyeliner. Use only liquid and shadow-based liners and avoid gel and waterproof liners.
Try to avoid oil-based eyeliner or oil-based products because glue can be dissolved by oil if you use oil often. Also, take special care while applying or removing eyeliner when wearing eyelash extensions.
Why You Should Avoid Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions
The most frequent reason to avoid wearing eyeliners with eyelash extensions is the side effects caused by removing the liner at the end of the day. If you rub harshly while removing your eyeliner, your eyelash extensions could fall out prematurely.
Here are other reasons to avoid wearing eyeliner with eyelash extensions:
- Eyeliner is made up of oils and waxes so that it stays glossy for a long time without smudging. When you wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions that touch the lash extensions and the lash adhesive that glues the lash extensions with your natural lashes, it slowly breaks down because of the oils from the liner.
- If you apply multiple layers of eyeliner on the top of the lash extensions, it can clump the lash extensions together and keep it that way throughout the day, this can lead to damage to your lash extensions.
- Applying unhygienic eyeliner with eyelash extensions can lead to eye infection due to the bacteria that are accumulated in the liner bottle.
- If you have sensitive eyes, then wrong eyeliner can create irritation and other problems.
- If you use eyeliners daily with eyelash extensions, it can block the glands around your eyes called meibomian glands, and it can lead to blepharitis.
Why You Want to Wear Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions
Eyeliner is the best makeup tool that defines your eyes by lining the lower and upper eyelids, and it can also enhance your eyes appearance.
- Eyeliner can change the look of your eyes. Also, it can make big eyes look small, small eyes look big.
- Applying eyeliner with eyelash extensions can make your lashes look thicker with a bold outline. Also, it can open up your eyes and make them look brighter.
- Eyeliner can make your eyelash extensions look more natural.
- Eyeliner is the perfect tool for those who like creating new looks, and it is also fun if you want to create a smokey eye.
- Wearing eyeliner with eyelash extensions can make your eyes look clean, shapely and sharp without the need to apply mascara.
What Type of Eyeliner You Can Wear with Eyelash Extensions?
If you’re looking to apply eyeliner or other products around your eyelash extensions, then every product needs to be checked first, because the formula behind the eyeliner that you pick plays a very important role. That’s why all types of eyeliner don’t work the same with eyelash extensions.
Here are some best types of eyeliner you can wear with eyelash extensions:
- Liquid eyeliner: It is also called as “ink liner” and it may come as a liquid liner pen, in a tube or gel pot. This eyeliner is easy to apply and also easy to remove with warm water.
- Water-based liner: If you want to use eyeliner with eyelash extensions, then decide to use water-based as opposed to oil-based.
- Cake liner: This type of eyeliner smudges easily and you can easily remove it gently.
- Powder Eyeliner: It is often called a shadow liner, and it is best for eyelash extensions. This liner is often applied using an angled brush around the eyes. This eyeliner can define your eyes when wearing eyelash extensions without irritating them too much, and also it’s easy to remove with water.
Types of Eyeliner to Avoid with Eyelash Extensions
If you want to apply eyeliner with eyelash extensions, then never wear a random eyeliner to your eyes when you’re wearing lash extensions. It is very important to look at the right ingredients if you want to avoid damaging your lash extensions.
Here are some eyeliners you need to avoid with eyelash extensions:
There are two types of pencil liner, the one is traditional where you sharpen the pencil based on how much product you have used. The other one is mechanical where you need to rotate the bottom of the eyeliner and use it on your lashes.
Most lash artists or experts recommend not to use it when you’re wearing eyelash extensions because they can often tug on the lash line when you start applying it. These two-pencil liners increase the pressure you apply on eyelash extensions, and when you put liner to the roots, which will damage the lash bond.
How you avoid waterproof mascara with eyelash extensions, just like you should avoid waterproof liner, because waterproof eyeliner is very bad for eyelash extensions. as they are thick, contain oils and wax that are hard to remove, and will damage your lash extensions.
The oil and wax in waterproof eyeliner degrades the bond created by lash glue to attach lash extensions to your natural lashes. Also, waterproof eyeliners are hard to remove because they’re resistant to tears and water-based makeup.
Glitter eyeliner is very bad for your natural lashes and also your eyelash extensions because the glitter can enter the tear film of the eye and lead to irritations of the eyes. However, most of the lash expects suggested not to use glitter eyeliner for your natural lashes or eyelash extensions.
It also takes more time to remove because glitter often gets trapped in your eyelashes.
It is also traditionally known as kajal, and kohl is generally derived from carbon soot. Kajal liner is the easiest way to create the smoky-eye look, but most of the kajal leads to stubborn stains that are hard to remove from eyes.
Gel eyeliner is often referred to as the cream liners, and gel eyeliner is one of the thickest eyeliner available in the market today. When you are applying this type of eyeliner on your lashes, it often tugs and snags on the lash line.
How to Apply Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions
Whenever you apply eyeliner you need to be careful because eyeliner is applied so close to the lash line where your extensions are fixed. The eyeliner should be applied on the skin above the lash line when wearing eyelash extensions. because it doesn’t come into contact with your eyelash extensions and is safe to wear with eyelash extensions.
Below are the following tips that you need to keep in mind when you’re applying eyeliner with eyelash extension safely.
- First, clean your lashes, comb them and air-dry them.
- Take your liquid eyeliner and place it behind the eyelashes prior to application.
- Then start drawing from the inner corner of your eye and go towards the outer corners.
- Avoid your eyeliner, touch your lashes, and always apply the eyeliner above the lash line to prevent touching the lash extensions.
- If you’re looking for a winged style, then start drawing with the wings first on both eyes.
- Avoid any oil-based eyeliner or any eye products.
- Avoid pressing or pulling down your eyelash extensions when you apply the eyeliner because they can get damaged if you do it frequently.
Applying eyeliner isn’t easy when you have eyelash extensions. So, be careful while applying and also be gentle.
How to Remove Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions
Removing eyeliner before going to bed is always important. Removing eyeliner while wearing eyelash extensions is an easy process if you follow the steps below.
Here are simple steps to remove your eyeliner with eyelash extensions:
- Take a lint free-material like doe foot, makeup brush, or scot towel square.
- Then dip it into your makeup remover or lash shampoo (always avoid oil-based makeup remover).
- Carefully and gently rub off the eyeliner from your eyelids by pressing.
- Once you’re done removing eyeliner, wash your eyelash extensions with the cleanser that you’re using.
- Then dry your lashes and gently comb the eyelash extensions.
How Long After Eyelash Extensions Can You Wear Eyeliner?
First, it is best to rest or send your eyelash extensions and definitely not to get them wet around 24 hours after the eyelash extensions are attached. You can apply eyeliner after 48 hours of the application. Remember to wear oil-free eyeliner.
Should You Wear Eyeliner with Lash Extensions?
If you really want to enhance your look with eyeliner, of course you can wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions. Just remember, use oil-free eyeliner that is friendly with eyelash extensions and be very careful when removing it.
Wearing eyeliner or other eye makeup without eyelash extensions is easy. But once you get eyelash extensions, you will need to be extra careful about the products that you use with it. Also, be gentle while wearing and removing eyeliner.
If eyeliner is extensions friendly, you can keep wearing it to enhance your eyes appearance. However, eyeliner with oils and waxes can reduce the health of our eyelash extensions. So, avoid waterproof, gel liner, kohl eyeliner, pencil eyeliner and glitter eyeliner. Choose liquid liner, powder liner, or water-based eyeliners.
Hopefully, you like this article, if you have any questions and suggestions about this article kindly put them in the comment box below.