Can you wear Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions? Yes, Absolutely you can wear Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions. Here you will know the Best type of Eyeliners for eyelash Extensions.
Eyelash extensions are a great way to look amazing without any makeup, but even when you have lash extensions and want to pump up the drama even more! or you may want to wear other makeup like eyeliner, which may or may not be harmful for your eyelash extensions.
However, most women don’t feel that they need to wear eyeliner anymore once they wear eyelash extensions, most of the makeup that you were using before lash extensions can still be used. So, can you wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions?
Yes, you can wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions, but there are a few things you should take into consideration; like the way you apply it and the ingredients of the eyeliner. This will make sure your eyelash extensions last as long as possible.
The best eyeliner for eyelash extensions are shadow-based and liquid eyeliners, but try to avoid gel and waterproof liners. Also, you should avoid oil-based eyeliners or products because glue can be dissolved by oil if you use it repeatedly.
So, Read the article till the end to know advantages and disadvantages of putting eyeliner when you have eyelash extensions in, what type of eyeliner are safe for lash extensions and what type of eyeliners will damage your eyelash extension
Can You Wear Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can wear eyeliner with lash extensions. However, there are certain types of eyeliners that can damage your Natural eyelash extensions, so you should be careful while choosing the right one. Water-based and liquid eyeliners are considered safe and don’t usually damage the glue that holds your lash extensions in place.
On the other hand, gel and waterproof liners can be damaging to the lashes, so it is best to avoid them. Oil-based eyeliners or products should also be avoided as the oil can dissolve the glue if used regularly.
Is Eyeliner safe to use with Eyelash Extensions?
You really don’t need Eyeliner, when you have Eyelash Extensions. Because the Eyelash Extensions already creates a glamorous and beautiful Eyeliner effect on the lash line. But if you want to wear Eyeliner with eyelash extensions, you should always use a good quality and oil-free Eyeliner.
Eyeliner is generally considered safe to use with eyelash extensions as long as you are careful about the kind of eyeliner used. Shadow-based and liquid eyeliners are considered safe and won’t damage the glue that holds your lash extensions in place.
Gel and waterproof and oil-based liners, however, should be avoided as they can dissolve the glue and cause your lash extensions to fall out prematurely.
Best Eyeliners for Eyelash Extensions
Here are the best types of eyeliners you can wear with Eyelash Extensions:
- Water Based: Water-based eyeliners are the most recommended option when wearing eyelash extensions. They are usually made with a blend of waxes, pigments and water. They are the softest option available and glide easily across the lash line, making them easy to apply.
- Liquid Based Eyeliner: Liquid eyeliner is also safe to use with eyelash extensions and will not damage the glue. The liquid based Eyeliner also known as ink-liner and the Liquid eyeliners are also easy to remove with warm water. This type of liner offers a more intense effect than water-based liners, making it a great choice for those who want to enhance their look.
- Powder Eyeliner: It is often called a shadow liner, and it is best for eyelash extensions. This liner is often applied using an angled brush around the eyes. This eyeliner can define your eyes when wearing eyelash extensions without irritating them too much, and also it’s easy to remove with water.
- Cake liner: This type of eyeliner smudges easily and you can easily remove it, and this type of eyeliner is perfect to create a dramatic look.
Which types of Eyeliners to avoid with Eyelash Extensions?
Here we have listed some eyeliners, which you need to avoid wearing with the Eyelash Extensions:
- Gel Eyeliner: Gel eyeliners are one of the thickest eyeliners available in the market, Gel eyeliners are one of the worst kinds of eyeliners to use with eyelash extensions. The Gel eyeliners’ creamy consistency and long wearing formula makes them hard to remove. The gel eyeliner requires rubbing with oil based makeup remover and cotton balls, which can cause loss of eyelashes.
- Oil Based Eyeliner: Oil based eyeliner can cause eyelash extensions to fall out eyelash extensions permanently and it also increases the other risks of the eyelids. It is also hard to remove and it can dissolve the glue that holds your lash extensions in place. So, it’s best to avoid oil-based eyeliners and other oil-based products when wearing Lash Extensions.
- Waterproof Eyeliner: Waterproof eyeliners are not recommended for use with eyelash extensions. Waterproof eyeliners are thick and contain waxes and oils that are hard to remove from your eyelash extensions, they can damage your natural eyelashes.
- Pencil liner: Pencil liner can also irritate your eyes when used with Eyelash Extensions, and also it can cause to loosen the extension glue. So it’s best to avoid using pencil liner with eyelash Extensions. To preserve your precious eyelashes, avoid both the mechanical and traditional versions of this eyeliner for your eyelash extensions.
How to apply Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions?
Whenever you apply eyeliner you need to be careful because eyeliner is applied so close to the lash line where your extensions are fixed. The eyeliner should be applied on the skin above the lash line when wearing eyelash extensions. because it doesn’t come into contact with your eyelash extensions and is safe to wear with eyelash extensions.
Below are the following tips that you need to keep in mind when you’re applying eyeliner with eyelash extension safely.
- First, clean your lashes, comb them and air-dry them.
- Take your liquid eyeliner and place it behind the eyelashes prior to application.
- Then start drawing from the inner corner of your eye and go towards the outer corners.
- Avoid your eyeliner, touch your lashes, and always apply the eyeliner above the lash line to prevent touching the lash extensions.
- If you’re looking for a winged style, then start drawing with the wings first on both eyes.
- Avoid any oil-based eyeliner or any eye products.
- Avoid pressing or pulling down your eyelash extensions when you apply the eyeliner because they can get damaged if you do it frequently.
Applying eyeliner isn’t easy when you have eyelash extensions. So, be careful while applying and also be gentle.
Pros and Cons of wearing Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions?
- Can highlight the eyes,
- Can help create a bold eye makeup look,
- Can define and shape your eyes,
- Can add length to your eye look,
- Can provide extra volume and texture to your eye makeup look,
- Can cause irritation to the eyes,
- Can damage the eyelash extensions,
- Can lead to loss of natural eyelashes,
- Can be difficult to remove from eyelash extensions,
How to remove Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions?
Removing Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions is a tricky task. But it can be done in the correct way, without damaging your eyelash extensions. Here are simple steps to remove your eyeliner with eyelash extensions:
- Take a lint free-material like doe foot, makeup brush, or scot towel square.
- Then dip it into your makeup remover or lash shampoo (always avoid oil-based makeup remover).
- Carefully and gently rub off the eyeliner from your eyelids by pressing.
- Once you’re done removing eyeliner, wash your eyelash extensions with the cleanser that you’re using.
- Then dry your lashes and gently comb the eyelash extensions.
Best Makeup remover to use with Eyelash Extensions?
You should choose a mild, oil-free makeup remover to remove your eyeliner with eyelash extensions. Oil-based products more likely harm your eyelash extensions. So always go for oil-free makeup remover that is specially designed to remove your eyeliner and other eye makeup with ease.
No matter which eyeliner you choose, always remember to apply them carefully and gently to avoid damaging your precious eyelash extensions
How Long After Eyelash Extensions Can You Wear Eyeliner?
First, it is best to rest or send your eyelash extensions and definitely not to get them wet around 24 hours after the eyelash extensions are attached. You can apply eyeliner after 48 hours of the application. Remember to wear oil-free eyeliner.
Can you put Mascara on Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can put mascara on eyelash extensions, but it is not recommended. Mascara can make the extension glue weak and can cause your extensions to fall out. If you choose to use mascara, then opt for a water-based and oil-free formula that is specially designed for eyelash extensions.
Can you wear Eyeliner with Lash Lift?
Yes, you can wear eyeliner with lash lift without damaging the extensions. As long as you apply it carefully above the lash line and avoid oil-based eyeliners, you should be able to wear eyeliner with lash lift. Always read the instructions before applying eyeliner and follow them carefully to achieve a safe, long-lasting look.
Can you wear Makeup with Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can wear makeup with eyelash extensions. But you should be careful to choose the right eye products and apply them gently. Options for water-based or oil-free makeup products that are specially designed for eyelash extensions. Avoid oil-based, heavy and thick makeup products to prevent damaging your Natural eyelash extensions.
How to apply Eyeshadow with Eyelash Extensions?
Eyeshadow can be applied with eyelash extensions as long as you follow the right steps and use the right products. Choose a light-weight, water-based and oil-free eyeshadow that is specially designed for eyelash extensions. Then, apply the eyeshadow with a brush or doe foot applicator above the lash line, without touching the extensions. Gently blend it into your natural eyelashes and avoid using heavy, thick and oil-based eyeshadows.
Is it safe to wear Eye makeup with Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, it is safe to wear eye makeup with eyelash extensions, as long as you take the proper precautions. Always use water-based and oil-free eye makeup products that are specially designed for eyelash extensions. Apply your eye makeup carefully and gently over the lash line, without touching the extensions and remove it with a mild, oil-free makeup remover. This will help to protect and maintain the integrity of your eyelash extensions.
Can you wear Liquid Eyeliner with Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can wear liquid eyeliner with eyelash extensions. This eyeliner is easy to apply and also easy to remove with warm water. Be sure to apply it carefully and gently above the lash line, without touching the extensions.
Can you use makeup wipes with Eyelash Extensions?
No, you should avoid using makeup wipes with eyelash extensions. Makeup wipes contain oil-based ingredients that can damage the glue bond and weaken the extensions. Instead, opt for a mild oil-free makeup remover that is specially designed for eyelash extensions to safely remove your eye makeup.
Should You Wear Eyeliner with Lash Extensions?
If you really want to enhance your look with eyeliner, of course you can wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions. Just remember, use oil-free eyeliner that is friendly with eyelash extensions and be very careful when removing it.
Wearing eyeliner or other eye makeup without eyelash extensions is easy. But once you get eyelash extensions, you will need to be extra careful about the products that you use with it. Also, be gentle while wearing and removing eyeliner.
If eyeliner is extensions friendly, you can keep wearing it to enhance your eyes appearance. However, eyeliner with oils and waxes can reduce the health of our eyelash extensions. So, avoid waterproof, gel liner, kohl eyeliner, pencil eyeliner and glitter eyeliner. Choose liquid liner, powder liner, or water-based eyeliners.
Hopefully, you like this article, if you have any questions and suggestions about this article kindly put them in the comment box below.